Sierra Trek - August 8-11, 2013
Meadow Lake near Truckee, CA
From Steve Piazza, Sierra Trek Chair
NEW FOR 2013:
- Kids Games and Raffle – hosted by the Madhatters 4x4 Club, This old tradition is being brought back. Thank you again Madhatters for helping bring back this valuable tradition.
- Group Discounts - Greater discounted savings!! if you sign up a group of 10 or more when you register.
- Lower priced add-on runs. We are discounting the price of adding on additional runs to your already low priced event fees.
- Increased vendor show. We are moving the vendors into Main Camp!
- Friday River Run. We will still have our traditional Friday Fordyce run (full trail run), but we are switching things up a bit. The Friday upper run will now be run from Meadow Lake down to the river crossing and back to Main camp.
Sierra Trek is the granddaddy of Cal 4 events. It is held in Northern California near Truckee. The event takes participants over the famous Fordyce Trail and the surrounding areas via SUV, ATV, modified 4x4 vehicles and dedicated trail rigs.
We are working hard to introduce new and fun activities for families that we know you will enjoy. You can still run the Fordyce trail with the confidence that the trail staff will make your adventure memorable!
It is my pleasure to introduce Amy Sagraves as my co-chair this year, welcome to the family Amy!
We are bringing back two-day SUV and the ATV/UTV runs, but as mentioned above, making it cheaper to sign up and to add these on to your trail runs.
Invite your friends and family to come out to Sierra Trek. As we did last year, we are no longer requiring that you be a Cal 4 Wheel member to enjoy Sierra Trek! What that means is that if you want to come out and enjoy the trail, SUV or ATV runs or just enjoy the entertainment, food and bar without being a member of Cal 4 Wheel, you can!
Make your plans now to attend the 46th Sierra Trek. Whether you run these new runs or the traditional runs like the Friday Fordyce run, the Saturday River Run, or the ATV/UTV run, you, your family and friends are bound to have a great time.
As we did in 2012, Saturday we’ll be focusing on getting everyone in camp to play for the afternoon; last year’s in camp games were a lot of fun. We’re working on adding even more fun to the mix. Saturday lunch will be back, so come hungry, and plan to stay in main camp, enjoying the fun, right up until Saturday’s big dinner.
This year’s Sierra Trek is dedicated to Mike Woll, longtime friend and life-long supporter of Sierra Trek. Mike, his wife Peety and the Mendocino 4x4 club have been long-term volunteers at Sierra Trek.
Mike’s constant smile will be missed. RIP Mike and safe travels.
Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.